As the monsoons set in, children become more prone to illnesses due to the changing weather. This leads to your child missing school, you taking a leave of absence from work, which can be disrupting for everyone. Therefore, parents should take extra precautions to ensure their child’s health is in top shape. The best way to achieve this is simple – eating natural foods at home!
To help build immunity during the monsoons, it is important to ensure that your child’s diet is balanced and includes natural foods in order to supercharge them to fight against infections.
This article will explore 10 natural foods that can help build your child’s immunity during the monsoons.
Why is it important to boost your child’s immunity during the monsoons?
During the monsoons, the risk of infections and illnesses tends to be higher. By building immunity during the monsoons, you can help your child fight off these diseases and keep them healthy.
Natural foods are a great way to strengthen their immune system, as they provide essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. With a strong immune system, your child will be less susceptible to common monsoon ailments and will be able to enjoy this season to the fullest.
Top 10 natural foods for boosting immunity during the monsoons
- Whole fruits: Instead of relying on packed juices, it is better to include whole fruits in your child’s diet. Fruits like oranges, strawberries, and papaya are rich in vitamins and antioxidants that can strengthen the immune system.
- Vegetables: Make sure to incorporate a variety of vegetables into your child’s meals. Broccoli, spinach, and bell peppers are great choices as they are packed with vitamins and minerals that can boost immunity.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is not only a delicious treat for kids but also a source of vitamin D, calcium, potassium, and other nutrients that help improve the immune system.
- Dry fruits: Include these in your child’s snack time as they are rich in antioxidants, healthy fats, and vitamins, which can enhance the immune system.
- Herbs and spices: Adding herbs and spices like turmeric, ginger, and garlic to your child’s meals can provide a natural boost to their immune system.
- Kefir: Kefir is a fermented drink that improves the body’s immune system, helps to digest food, fights cancer-causing cells, and sustains bone health.
- Soy milk: For vegan kids, soy milk is a great source of protein and can help boost immunity. It is also rich in essential vitamins and minerals.
- Lean meats: If your child is not a vegetarian, lean meats like chicken and turkey are high in protein, which plays a vital role in boosting immunity.
- Nuts: Incorporate nuts like almonds and walnuts into your child’s diet as they are rich in antioxidants, healthy fats, and vitamins. These nutrients help enhance the immune system and keep your child healthy during the monsoons.
- Oats: Oats are a nutritious food, packed with important vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that support the immune system. Additionally, oats are a great source of soluble fibre, which can help improve digestion and overall gut health.
By including these top 10 natural foods in your child’s diet, you can help strengthen their immune system and keep them healthy during the monsoons.
Remember to make mealtime fun and enjoyable by involving your child in the process of selecting and preparing these immune-boosting foods.
Other tips for boosting your child’s immunity during the monsoons
In addition to incorporating immune-boosting foods into your child’s diet, there are other tips you can follow to strengthen their immunity during the monsoons.
- Encourage them to drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and wash their hands frequently to prevent the spread of germs.
- Make sure they get enough sleep and maintain a regular exercise routine to keep their body strong.
- Avoid exposing them to damp and cold environments, and dress them appropriately for the weather.
- Consider giving them a daily multivitamin supplement to ensure they’re getting all the essential nutrients they need.
If your child tends to fall ill frequently, and you need expert advice and guidance, please book an appointment with our clinic. We are located in Prabha Devi, and accessible to parents living in Dadar, Worli, and neighbouring areas in South Mumbai.
Learn more about boosting your child’s immunity during the monsoons.